Where is Fuel Pump Shut off inertia switch on 2007 Expedition ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petiboy

Reaction score
I am dumfounded, where exactly is the inertia switch and what does it look like so I can relieve the pressure of my fuel line prior to changing my fuel filter.

Thanks,

OP
OP
P

petiboy

Reaction score
Found it in the rear cargo area, drivers side inside the access cover. Now, I see the red button that pops up but it is already down, how do I deactivate the switch, I see a wire connector coming out the bottom that I can barely get to. Do I pull this out ?

Mountain Mike

Reaction score
Deactivate as in shut off the fuel? Or to crank without starting?
I usually bump mine with a closed fist to trip the switch.

Edit: But mine does not have a toggle switch, naturally a gentle switch is preferred.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

petiboy

Reaction score
Yes Im looking to just shut off the fuel, bump with your fist ??, never thought of that and will try, has anyone tried another way ??

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have an 04...should be the same...should have a toggle switch...whatever position its in is "on"...toggle the opposite direction and it should be "off"...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shouldnt be that hard to see or flip...i can see mine fine...my bad...the switch is for the air suspension...theres either a button to push or a house circuit breaker type handle for the fuel...MY BAD!!! im in iraq going off memory...