2007 EB Factory Remote Starter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MonsterBash

Reaction score
I just picked up at 07 EB. The wife is going to get me a remote start for xmas. I just noticed that there is a 'antenna' horizontally mounted right above the rear view mirror. I'm guessing it was for an aftermarket remote starter. How do I tell for sure my truck DOESN'T have a factory starter installed?

Thanks@

Da_Jakthund

Reaction score
Go to this website and enter your VIN number. They run a query to Ford that spits back a copy of your actual window sticker. Remote start will be listed in options as "POWERCODE REMOTE START *ACC" if it has it. It still could have been added later, but this will at least tell you if it shipped with one.

Use your VIN number to get Ford Window Sticker

-Jason

Da_Jakthund

Reaction score
Ok, I have a factory installed remote start, but which one? AKA missing fob!

On a related note, I have a 2007 Expedition EL Limited that I just bought used. Of course it only had one key and one 4 button fob, but on the original window sticker it says it has Remote Start. I reconfirmed this on the Eros site.

I have found the 4 button fobs online easily, but I need to find out which remote start is installed so I can search for that fob as well.

This is all a long winded way of asking, how do I determine which factory remote start is installed? If I knew where to look for a part number, I figure I can determine the right fob buy. Or maybe there is another fancy site that will have this info?

Thanks

-Jason

CJ0920

Reaction score
What does your remote look like? Mine has remote start and my remote looks like this:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...SkQ_XNRHwhzeQCSb36bGmIIej8A3xlTFnjk0m8l6HtiNg

Also you can look under the hood, right about where the air box filter is there would be a sensor on the hood itself. This is the sensor to tell if the hood is opened or not. Also you stick your head where the pedals are and look up under there to see if the Ford Remote brain is under there.