2007+ Front Window Regulator Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makuloco2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This has been a long time coming and I finally got one in and had time to record just how to replace the front window regulator on the 2007+ Expeditions and Navigators. This is an all too common issue and if you own one of these this will haunt you sooner than later. In this video I walk you through the procedure. Hope this helps.

2007+ Ford Expedition Front Window Regulator - YouTube

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you know what the failure in the part was? The dodges and jeeps were bad about that too but I took measurements and designed replacement pieces for the regulator. I had them produced by Shapeways and I'm using them on all the windows (3 were broken). Not one had failed me and I've used them in negative temperatures with iced up windows.

I could possibly build replacement parts for a fraction of the price.

Last edited:

valenrandy

Reaction score
This is exactly the video that I needed! Thanks for the walk through, I will be using this once my regulator comes in the mail.

OP
OP
M

makuloco2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have seen the guides where the cable dig in but mainly the cable itself gets chewed up inside the spool where the motor splines into and from there it is mass destruction and a new regulator is in order.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea that's definitely toast

Looks like I could possibly make something so it wouldn't chaff. I may pull mine apart and see if it's preventable. Nylon guides and/or spool for the cable would be beneficial if it's chaffing. Anyone know if this affects the second gens?

Last edited:

wadesdad

Reaction score
I second the chewed up cable inside near the motor spindle. My wifes went out on her 2010 -passenger window !?!?!?

valenrandy

Reaction score
The 2 rear windows work just fine up and down. The passenger side front is a little slow and the driver side was considerably slower then broke a couple of days ago. If I see satisfactory results with the new drivers side fix I will then go ahead and replace the passengerside one.