2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tphford

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. Just purchased my 1rst Expedition. A 2012 Limited which has the remote start. I've had it for about a week now. Up until last night the remote start functioned exactly as you guys have described. As soon as I would open the door the engine would shut off. OK, that seems normal as installed at the factory. What is strange though is that last night when I started it and then opened the door it did NOT shut off! It only shut off when I put the key in the ignition. I thought it was just a fluke and tried is several times and sure enough it stays running when I open the door. The ONLY thing that I have done prior to this is to run the vehichle health report app on the SYNC to see how it works. Other than that, I haven't done a thing. Weird isn't it? Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks

wingrider

Reaction score
Funny you should say that because before I first got mine I had read about the open door engine stop issue. I was disappointed that could be the case. When I first walked up to our new Expy at the dealership eager to try out the remote start. I fired it up with the remote and it didn't shut the engine off when I opened the door! I was thrilled and thought "well they must have changed it for the 2012's." Well the next time I used it it was back to killing the engine on door open. I spent the next day trying various combinations of having another door open, window down, dopey stuff trying to replicate keeping the engine going but never could.

Then I couldn't find the button/LED under the dash to try and reset the settings so I gave up.

I'm new to this forum. Just purchased my 1rst Expedition. A 2012 Limited which has the remote start. I've had it for about a week now. Up until last night the remote start functioned exactly as you guys have described. As soon as I would open the door the engine would shut off. OK, that seems normal as installed at the factory. What is strange though is that last night when I started it and then opened the door it did NOT shut off! It only shut off when I put the key in the ignition. I thought it was just a fluke and tried is several times and sure enough it stays running when I open the door. The ONLY thing that I have done prior to this is to run the vehichle health report app on the SYNC to see how it works. Other than that, I haven't done a thing. Weird isn't it? Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks

Johnny Law

Reaction score
Mine only went off when the key went into the ignition. Not when the door opened. This will fix it.

It's a 2011 Limited Expedition.

Johnny

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hoping I do not have ya'lls issues. i am getting remote start installed this weekend and the dealer actually recommended using their guy with an aftermarket system and that way I can keep my standard key fobs also. It is actually cheaper too. I will let you know how it goes and what the system is after it is done. Thanks, Mike

wingrider

Reaction score
Can somebody name the right document to refer to for the 2012? There are a couple docs on the site and reference like F150 and Navigator.

Johnny Law

Reaction score
If you have the remote key fob that looks like this then you need the document I suggested in the 3rd post or so. 'PROGRAMMING - GEN2 BRONZE WITH OR WITHOUT "MYKEY"'

20Dec11023.jpg

To find it you need to create a login for http://techservices.codesystems.com/

Then Choose "Ford" option which is between "Manuals" and "Chrysler" then in the drop down box choose "OEM FORD AND LOT SYSTEMS - Programming Tips and Instructions" then choose the "PROGRAMMING - GEN2 BRONZE WITH OR WITHOUT "MYKEY"" it's a pdf. I am pretty sure the 2012 uses the same remote start keyfob which is the same system as mine.

It took me about 20 minutes from finding this to printing to reprogramming the car. The hardest thing was finding the button under the dash. In my case it was not totally covered by electrical tape but still there's a bunch of stuff under there.

Good luck.

Johnny

wingrider

Reaction score
Yes you did post info before but for some reason this doc escaped me. That's the fob I have and that doc looks great. Now all I need to do is wait for the weather to improve and go get it done!

I'll add some feedback as soon as I complete this.

Thanks again.

If you have the remote key fob that looks like this then you need the document I suggested in the 3rd post or so. 'PROGRAMMING - GEN2 BRONZE WITH OR WITHOUT "MYKEY"'
<SNIP>
It took me about 20 minutes from finding this to printing to reprogramming the car. The hardest thing was finding the button under the dash. In my case it was not totally covered by electrical tape but still there's a bunch of stuff under there.

Good luck.

Johnny

yuk067

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!!! I just purchased a 2012 expedition xlt loaded , i've had a 2005 and a 1999 previously , i'm having the same issue with my factory installed remote starter. This thread is very helpful but i seem to be having a problem logging into the code system web page to access it. Has anyone else had this problem ? Thanks in advance..

Gene

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360