2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpacheco

Reaction score
#1 :shrug:
#2 step on the brake pedal without putting the key in the ignition and turning to on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, I guess I'll give it a try if the rain holds out here this weekend and see what happens...

tpacheco

Reaction score
Ok so I did this today and it was very easy, it took me about 10 min. to do. I changed the option for the door shutting down the engine, and the run time from 10 to 15 min.
To exit the programing mode you just shut the key off when your done changing the settings.
One thing I did find was that I didn't see any illuminated light to show me which option was on or off, so I figured they were all at factory default and adjusted them from there.

Oh and on an unrelated note can anyone tell me why I don't get notified by the threads I'm subscribed to in my email, Everything is set right it just isn't working.

Last edited:

NMExpy

Reaction score
Reprogrammed my '12 yesterday. Easy as pie. Now it works like it's supposed to. I can't believe Ford would not program it this way. The dealer I took mine to to have it checked also sells Dodge trucks and the Dodges work like they should. Oh well, I'm happy now.

By the way, thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Robert Gift

Reaction score
Remote start because you're a wimp?

MAN-UP a little.
Get in your cold vehicle. Cold? So? Shiver.

Start your engine.
Place in gear. Without using throttle allow idle to move your vehicle.
Under load the engine wartms faster and you are making use of the fuel otherwise wasted.

While my neighbor sits making pollution, I am slowly progressing a 1/4 mile down the road and engine is warmer.

Remote starter should be banned.
Police here issues tickets for "puffers" - unoccupied vehicles warming up.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAN-UP a little.

Start your engine.
Under load the engine wartms faster and you are making use of the fuel otherwise wasted.

While my neighbor sits making pollution, I am slowly progressing a 1/4 mile down the road and engine is warmer.

well its not like that in other states...so to each their own and that is a terrible way to treat your engine...you should allow youre fluids to warm up and run through your system...dont hate on us cause you'll get a ticket for your unoccupied PUFFER vehicle...

VIPER 5704 INSTALLED!!! LUV'N IT!!!

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAN-UP a little.

Start your engine.

Actually, there is another use for it. Down here in Florida, it can be used in the exact oppisite way. Hot leather can BURN skin. Second, sweat makes you stink. If your trying to go out dressed up in a suit, the last thing you need is to get into a vehicle thats 120+ that is going to make sweat instantly. Third, Modern vehicles come up to temp fairly quickly. It only takes a few minutes before the heat starts flowing. The amount of gas you would save over the course of a vehicles lifetime might be a few gallons. I'll spend the $20. Fourth, Just don't park it on the street, then there is nothing the cop can do, and if you do unless you live next to one that is that much off an a$$@#*le, What are the chances one is going by your house or work in the next five minutes. The "puffer" excuse is weak.

Robert Gift

Reaction score
MAN UP. Hot? -Cloth on seats. Cold? -Wear coat.

"Puffers" get stolen.

I was also in Floriduh.
We placed a cloth on the seats and reflectors in the windows. Also slightly cracked the windows.

We get in leaving doors OPEN until seat-belts are fastened.
This allows fresh air to flow through and cool the interior.
When moving, leave windows open to flush out the hot air before operating air conditioner.

COLD engine warms faster when IDLING under load.
Let vehicle's IDLE move the vehicle. No throttle. Later just gentle throttle.
Under load the engine's RPM is lowered.
Fluids are still pumped and warm faster.

Before my neighbor even leaves his driveway I'm already down the road with a hotter engine.

Because this is an emergencyehicle, in the garage in extremely cold weather an old bed sheet is draped over the hood and fenders.
I slide a 100-Watt outdoor flood light aimed up under the engine. (Most energy from incandescent lamps is radiant heat.)

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Puffers" get stolen.

I was also in Floriduh.
We placed a cloth on the seats and reflectors in the windows. Also slightly cracked the windows.

We get in leaving doors OPEN until seat-belts are fastened.
This allows fresh air to flow through and cool the interior.
When moving, leave windows open to flush out the hot air before operating air conditioner.

COLD engine warms faster when IDLING under load.
Let vehicle's IDLE move the vehicle. No throttle. Later just gentle throttle.
Under load the engine's RPM is lowered.
Fluids are still pumped and warm faster.

Before my neighbor even leaves his driveway I'm already down the road with a hotter engine.

Because this is an emergencyehicle, in the garage in extremely cold weather an old bed sheet is draped over the hood and fenders.
I slide a 100-Watt outdoor flood light aimed up under the engine. (Most energy from incandescent lamps is radiant heat.)

well...if you had remote start you wouldnt have to do all that...i lived in florida for 7yrs and will be back there for the rest of my life in 5yrs...remote start advocate

Actually, there is another use for it. Down here in Florida, it can be used in the exact oppisite way. Hot leather can BURN skin. Second, sweat makes you stink. If your trying to go out dressed up in a suit, the last thing you need is to get into a vehicle thats 120+ that is going to make sweat instantly. Third, Modern vehicles come up to temp fairly quickly. It only takes a few minutes before the heat starts flowing. The amount of gas you would save over the course of a vehicles lifetime might be a few gallons. I'll spend the $20. Fourth, Just don't park it on the street, then there is nothing the cop can do, and if you do unless you live next to one that is that much off an a$$@#*le, What are the chances one is going by your house or work in the next five minutes. The "puffer" excuse is weak.

i totally agree...

I find it difficult to take advice from a guy typing in bold yellow text.

i know right...talking about man up...prob say its a nuetral color....lol man up and make it BLUE...lol

i'm done...not going back to my old way of fighting with ppl on here like i used to...i'm going to MAN UP!!! lol