2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
press the start again from your remote starter. hope it helps

Straightshot7

Reaction score
I figured it out finally instead of toggling through the each option 1-7 using the service button I figured out its the bake pedal

Ngirardi

Reaction score
You tube video posted earlier is a key instruction. Before you do this watch that video.

My added note is in our 2011 expedition el limited with sync and nav, the button was routed different than the photos here. My button was tucked away behind a few brackets. I was only able to find it by locating the green connector and following it down from there to feel for the button. I made note of the model and features because some threads seem to suggest different parts based on those features.

Doors closed requirement made it awkward as I couldn't reach the button from driver seat upright. I had to lay upside down over the seat and a helper to turn the key.

Hold brake down before key on, and through 10 second hold til 3 beeps. Once 3 beeps you can release all. Press button to cycle through banks, 5 honks = bank 2. Press brake pedal to cycle through items within bank, 7 honks = item 7 ("Door Ajar Input Entry Delay"). Press start button on fob 1 time to change setting. Turn off and remove key. All finished.

Enjoy.

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should this work on a 2014 Expedition with Sync and Nav? I read a comment on another thread about possibly not having the button under the dash, and needing to do it through the CAN system, but never saw any confirmation if that. My truck is 3 weeks old but I HATE how the remote start works right now.

Thanks.

Last edited:

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tested tonight too, and noticed that just putting the key in the ignition shuts it off too. Will this change for the door,also fix that? I need to see if I can find the button under the dash.

Last edited:

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, for anyone interested, I can now confirm from personal experience that this does STILL work (as I thought it would) on a 2014. I just did it on my '14. Took more time to find the darn button and LED than to reprogram. First time, I just shut off the door open/key insert shutdown option. But then I said, what the heck, and set the runtime for 15 minutes from 10. Literally, this is EASY. My button was taped up next to the remote start box, just to the right of the power pedal height adjust button. I had to remove the kickplate trim under the steering wheel (3 7mm bolts) and then the trim plate that holds the power pedal button. I was able to reach through the hole in the sheet metal where the power pedal button goes to access the remote start programming button. I LOVE it now.

One thing I did read somewhere was that the remote start may be set up as a restricted MYKEY. I went through the MYKEY settings and confirmed mine was not. It's an admin key. Cool.

Now to find out if I can use that 5 button key. I'd love to get rid of the extra fob for the remote start.

Last edited:

satcomtim

Reaction score
Thanks all, picked up a 14 EL Limited yesterday and just did this. Thanks Steve for help on the button location.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360