2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drth Vdr

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, just did this to my '14 EL Limited this morning. Mine was installed at the factory and was taped in a bundle, basically behind the panel where the power pedals switch is. Had to remove both the panels in order to access.

ybu3yte6.jpg

udabesyj.jpg

Last edited:

Bigdaddi

Reaction score
Is it possible to purchase the remote system at the dealer and install myself?? I've done this in the past with a remote keyless entry on a 2002 Ram P/U.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just installed the 100 series remote start on a 2010 w/sync. Everything worked fine until I changed option 7 now I get 4 beeps which means tach not programmed. I switched option 7 back and unplugged entire system no change. Any ideas ?

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just installed the 100 series remote start on a 2010 w/sync. Everything worked fine until I changed option 7 now I get 4 beeps which means tach not programmed. I switched option 7 back and unplugged entire system no change. Any ideas ?

Bank 2, option 1 (tach mode) needs to be set to Tachless (the LED should be ON). I'm guessing you held the button too long to change the MYKEY/key in setting, and reset the system to defaults again, in which case tach mode is set to OFF right now.

Last edited:

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bank 2, option 1 (tach mode) needs to be set to Tachless (the LED should be ON). I'm guessing you held the button too long to change the MYKEY/key in setting, and reset the system to defaults again, in which case tach mode is set to OFF right now.

OK, I did reset all to the default settings per the "option programming chart" I have. However, it shows Learn Tach as Bank 1 option 1 (LED boxes are blank) and Bank 2 option 1 shows "Blind Crank" with default as ON.
Also,
Last night while trying to teach tach, I now get no response when pressing the remote and the pats seems to not learn remote ie security light never goes solid for 3-5sec. The trucks battery was low enough to not start and need a jump, so I am hoping that is why the learn feature stop working.

Thanks for your time.
David

Last edited:

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, I did reset all to the default settings per the "option programming chart" I have. However, it shows Learn Tach as Bank 1 option 1 (LED boxes are blank) and Bank 2 option 1 shows "Blind Crank" with default as ON.
Also,
Last night while trying to teach tach, I now get no response when pressing the remote and the pats seems to not learn remote ie security light never goes solid for 3-5sec. The trucks battery was low enough to not start and need a jump, so I am hoping that is why the learn feature stop working.

Thanks for your time.
David

But you have to set bank 2 option 1 to tachless, then bank 1 option 1 doesn't matter. Is that how it's set? "Blink Crank" sounds the same as tachless, but sounds like your system might be a bit different than what we are all used to seeing here for a series 100. Here's what I have on programming options....

Attachments

• RemoteStartProgramming_options only.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wording is similar. Your pdf closely matches my page 9 the PEPS instructions, mine are page 1 for the 100 series.
bank2 opt1 "Blind Crank" default is "ON" but bank2 opt4 "1press to start" default is "OFF" possibly this should be on ? I can't seem to get a PDF under 100KB but did a gif ?
MyKey.gif

Last edited:

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something is different about that kit, vs what I have and what most are talking about in this thread. It only goes up to the 2010 model year, vs 11+. I thought they were the same up to 14 so not sure what's different.

this is how all of my settings are, if it helps...see attached.

Attachments

• Remote Start Information.txt
    453 bytes · Views: 116