2011 Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Success, it was bank 2 opt 4 which does have a confusing asterick note about the 200 series feature.
I left everything per my attached page default except changing opt 4 to on and opt 7 to off.
I wonder what opt 8 does ?
I took pics and video of install not sure where to post
Thanks for your time

Last edited:

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awesome!! I love mine now that my truck doesn't shut off when the doors are opened. Way better.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Success, it was bank 2 opt 4 which does have a confusing asterick note about the 200 series feature.
I left everything per my attached page default except changing opt 4 to on and opt 7 to off.
I wonder what opt 8 does ?
I took pics and video of install not sure where to post
Thanks for your time

Made my first U tube channel :think:. Only way I could figure how to post vids so here is the link :favorites37:. Please let me know if I have something unsecure etc. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiR4JOah7RJlDD4MYyXEbYQ

jeremyw77

Reaction score
Worked like a charm!

Made my first U tube channel :think:. Only way I could figure how to post vids so here is the link :favorites37:. Please let me know if I have something unsecure etc. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiR4JOah7RJlDD4MYyXEbYQ

Installed in about 30 minutes after watching your video. Thanks a bunch! Took me a while because the first one I ordered wasn't the right one, but the seller on eBay was awesome and refunded even though I was 2 weeks over the return period. Now if I can just figure out how to extend the runtime, I'll be set. Thanks again!

2000GM

Reaction score
Yup, David's videos were really the only help I was able to find anywhere. It's not a hard install, but after spending the coin on the system and not getting any instructions with it , I wanted to make sure I at least had some sort of guide. I too still have to do the program changes on the run time and door open shutoff. I might turn off the horn chirp when it gets the start command too.

dgouch

Reaction score
I have the Bi-Directional Ford Remote Starter (dealer installed) in my 2011 Expy EL. It has worked great all along, until I recently took it to the dealer to have it reprogrammed to run 15 mins. instead of the default 10 mins. The dealer said there was a software update and it changed the way the fob operates. Instead of pressing the button twice, you now press it once, hold it for a second or two (red light is on), then release. It beeps once and flashes green; then beeps/flashes twice to confirm start. However, it no longer gives 3 flashes/beeps when the cycle ends. It's very annoying not to have that notification. I also don't really care for holding the button instead of two presses - it's kind of sketchy and at times, doesn't seem to engage. Anyone else experienced this "software update" and/or know if there's a way to get the cycle end notifications back? Thanks!

Last edited:

jimro56

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could share the steps for changing the engine shutdown whew the door is opened as the website to get the instructions now requires a code to register. Thanks!

David2

Reaction score
Can't log in

This is David1, anyone know how to contact moderator ? I can't log in and had to make a new account to access site.

2000GM

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could share the steps for changing the engine shutdown whew the door is opened as the website to get the instructions now requires a code to register. Thanks!

This is what I went by.
http://youtu.be/fQHb0mU0rvI

My programing button is up too high to access like he does in the video, so I had to remove the plastic trim piece under the steering column and the piece that the power foot pedal adjustment button is in. I was in a rush, but one day I'll try to re-position it so I can reach it like he does.

Last edited: