Blend Door Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If someone wants to send me a bad stripped out actuator I can see if I can make some gears for it. I have a 3d printer and the nylon filament is very strong.

flying_mofo

Reaction score
Motorcraft Part #

Thanks mdall1979. I saw your post and followed your directions. They were very easy to follow. I thought I would be prepared for the change and pre-ordered the part... It turns out that I ordered the wrong part, which I didn't find out until I had the dash apart. Luckily, the local Ford dealership had the part in stock. For anyone who is interested, the Motorcraft part # is YH-1777. I also liked your input to tie off the wrench, I was able to use dental floss.

mdall1979

Reaction score
Autozone had the wrong part too. The connector wasn't right. I had to get mine from Ford too. Dental floss! Probably much easier than the duck decoy cord I used! Ha...thanks for sharing!

mattdogg02

Reaction score
First, I've got a 2007 Expedition without dual zone air.

I've had the clicking blend door for a couple days now and just got a chance to check on it. I pulled everything out and found the actuator referenced here, but I believe its to control the heat/cool blend, not the upper/middle/lower blend door. The one changed here was not broken for me, and I think I need to change the other one. Does anyone have a link to that one? I'm afraid its going to require alot more work.

mattdogg02

Reaction score
Just a follow up (as I hate dead end search results), I found that you can access the floor/defrost blend door from under the driver side, just have to reach up and undo the 2 screws holding it in. Wasn't hard, and saved a bunch over the dealership doing it I'm sure.

babycakes311

Reaction score
Wife's 07 EL Limited passenger side was stuck on hot. Not very good with black interior now that the weather is finally warmer here. Took it by a dealer, diagnosis was bad blend door actuator. Part was only $40, but they wanted 8 hours labor to replace. Had to be an easier way.

Did some searching and found this thread. Ordered the part, had it here next day. Trim and radio came right out. Removing the actuator was pretty easy. Had to get creative removing the back bolt, but well worth it saving 8 hours labor @$100.

Big "Thanks" to all that have contributed to this thread!!! Saved me a bunch!!!

The other actuator on the left side has been "clicking" when moving from defrost to panel to floor. Looking up under dash on the drivers side, I can see the actuator. Shouldn't be too hard to replace without pulling the dash like the dealer would do. Still seems to work fine, just a little clicking noise. Think I will let it go until it doesn't work anymore.

Thanks again to all for contributing to this thread!!!!!

brewski

Reaction score
Great post. I just opened my dash using your instruction and have confirmed this is the part where the clicking comes.

Two things:
The zoomed in view of the motor assembly is actually to the right of the opening.

I'll be buying the part rather than the rebuild and I just want it done.

Thanks for the pics

brewski

Reaction score
for anyone wondering, this is not a normal stock part at a dealership, much less a general parts shop.

I just ordered the part at my dealership and was told it would be $13.

I expect to install tomorrow, will update.