"Don't try to replace spark plugs!" 2008 Why not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
kindly update your signature line with year model and engine information. This can be done in the USER CP section as this information helps others give you replies specific to your expy

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to ask the repair shop to lessen the price because your Expy has the brown boots instead of the black?
Usually the initial fee is for a normal plug change. Then they charge extra for each broken plug. So I doubt they'll charge less.

1mpg

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the dealer using some "sleves" when they do a spark plug change so that next time when plugs needs to be removed they won't break?

I called a local dealer and thats what they told me they do.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the dealer using some "sleves" when they do a spark plug change so that next time when plugs needs to be removed they won't break?

I called a local dealer and thats what they told me they do.

The only sleeve I can think of are timeserts. They're not cheap and not worth it IMO. Get the newer one piece plug and use antisieze.

Last edited:

1mpg

Reaction score
Thanks cobra

By any chance would you or anyone else know what the part number is for the new one piece plug?

2007EXPY

Reaction score
I just finished mine
Truck has 127k and they were done at about 70k
I had bought the Lisle extraction kit.
Sprayed with PB, w/ engine warm.
Went about changing oil and then went to work on them
I worked them back and forth and only one broke..
Rear on passenger side was loose.