Fusion Foglight retrofit... sorta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonlmarsh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I retro'd a set of Fusion Fogs with 3000k HID's this past week. These little guys are awesome! There are rave reviews on some other websites about the fusion fogs, so I figured I had to try them out.

At first I couldn't decide if I wanted to try mounting the fusion fog inside the factory fog, but after looking at it more, that would have been very difficult. What I ended up doing was a lot easier.

As you can see here, the fusion fog housings are almost as big as the factory fogs, they just have a smaller lens.
IMG_1829.JPG

I removed the mounting brackets and re-use the factory Expedition bracket. This way it's a bolt-in without having to cut the bumper up.
IMG_1830.JPG

The fusion fog has slightly larger pivot holes than the Expy, so I enlarged the holes on the Expy fog bracket.
IMG_1831.JPG

Now that the fusion fog slightly snaps into the Expy fog bracket, I wanted a little insurance that they would stay in there, so I removed the allen head screws from the fusion fogs and bought some slightly longer versions. Add washers, and the fusion fog is BOLTED to the factory Expy foglight bracket. This also provides a pivot point so that the fog light can be aimed vertically. You can manually pivot the light, and Its tight enough to stay in place once you have it set. If I were to do this again, I would get allen head bolts with a smaller head. These were kinda tough to get into the bumper opening.
IMG_1837.JPG

I don't know if there is a "this side up" on Fusion Fogs. I looked inside and it looks like the shield is a little different from top to bottom, so I assume there is a Top... Unfortunately that created an extra 3 minutes of work. There is a bracket hanging off the side of the fusion fog that needs to be cut off. You could mount the fog light upside down but cutting this bracket wasn't a big deal since it wasn't doing anything anyway.
IMG_0005.JPG

Now comes the hard part. I used a dremel and cut the lenses off the factory fogs. I then cut a hole in the middle of the lens, just big enough to slide the nose of the fusion foglight through it.
IMG_1838.JPG

I painted the OEM lenses black and siliconed them onto the nose of the fusion fogs.
IMG_0007.JPG

The finished product...
IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

I hope you enjoyed this. I am very happy with the outcome.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good...whats the difference between the 2 at night?

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks really good. goes with your headlights. nice job

OP
OP
jasonlmarsh

jasonlmarsh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The OEM fogs just throw light all over the place, especially with HID bulbs. The fusions are a projector beam, so they have a distinct cutoff, and the light that hits the road is very clear, not refracted all over the place. They are certainly brighter, with the same wattage bulb as the OEM's had.

OP
OP
jasonlmarsh

jasonlmarsh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are a few output shots, these are pretty close to the wall, maybe 15' or so.

Fusion Fogs with 35w HID's 3000k
IMG_0012.JPG

3" Projector heads with 55w HID's 5000k
IMG_0014.JPG

Fogs & Heads
IMG_0013.JPG

Bright lights, heads, no/fogs
IMG_0015.JPG

Last edited:

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn, another mod I have to think about. How much were the Fusion fog lights?

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great! Didn't know where you were going with the hole in the middle of the stock lens until the pic where you painted them. Really nice work. Personally, I'd prefer white light though.

OP
OP
jasonlmarsh

jasonlmarsh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great! Didn't know where you were going with the hole in the middle of the stock lens until the pic where you painted them. Really nice work. Personally, I'd prefer white light though.
i tend to agree on the white light. I've read that the yellow cuts through fog/rain/snow better than white, and with the intensity of the heads, bad weather is about the only time I ever turn on the fogs.