going from 18" wheels to 20" with LT tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quicker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys,

09 EL Limited.

I'm considering going to 20" F150 wheels and running LT tires (probably 265/60/20).

Any reason not to do this? Yeh I know its an open question.

I want LTs because I tow travel trailer all summer.

Anyone on here running 20" LT tires? Noticeably stiffer ride?

Anyone running Goodyear SR-A 20" LTs? Have read mixed reviews but I can't tell if folks are reviewing the P rated SR-A.

Thanks in advance.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
At work we use that set up on the two expeditions we have, just understand that they are some noisy tires if u drive with your window down often it'll annoy you quickly. Other than that nothing changes really beside you're speedometer differs by 1 or 2 miles from actual speed

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am running 285 michelin AT2 tires on 20s. I have 3.73s but saw only limited fuel economy loss and the truck is much more stable especially in crosswinds and when making high speed lane changes as well as towing. 20150620_133555.jpg

flumpydog

Reaction score
Hello,

I would highly recommend running the LT tires vs P, especially for towing as they make a huge difference in how how truck feels and handles. I am running LT285/55R20 10 ply E load rated tires on my 2016 EL Platinum. The stock tires were 275's but I could not get the Toyo tires I wanted in that size.

As for ride, yes it will be a tad bit more rough, I more than happy with the ride. Even my wife prefers how much better it feels on the road, with our without the trailer and the ride is still excellent and definitely not bone jarring.

Best Wishes,
Chuck