How many miles are on your 3rd gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since the beast is now paid off I'm taking it as a personal challenge to see how many miles I can get out of it before I have a major mechanical issue. I've currently got 135,000 miles on the original drive-train. The most miles I've ever put on a vehicle was 210,000 on my 1995 Explorer (loved that thing, but made a crap load on Cash for Clunkers).

How many miles do you guys have on your 3rd Gens?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our '08 only has 26,000 miles, so I probably shouldn't post in this thread again for several years.

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got my '11 EL in May; it has 81,*** on it atm. The vehicle it's replacing, a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer V8, has 234K on it. The highest mileage vehicle I've ever owned was a 1986 Chevy Caprice with ~330K on it. It was still running when I sold it.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its just a baby! How did you find one that old with so few miles?

Only had 9 miles on it when we bought it for my wife in Nov 08. Before we even put license plates on it, her office closed down, so she found a new job working from our home, thus no commute.

Truck3

Reaction score
Milage

I recently purchased my Expy used from a specialized dealer. I was able to track down the previous company that owned it and for the price of asking, I was emailed all maintenance records on the vehicle since new. Needless to say, I was impressed with there PM schedule and monitoring of both milage and engine hours.
I now have 106,289 on the clock and it runs like new. Totally impressed with this vehicle.