Outside air temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparky95

Reaction score
I just bought a 2007 expedition EL Eddie Bauer and of all the little things it has no outside air temp. I looked in the owners manual for what the Eddie Bauer package had, the outside air temp is an option. With that said, what would I have to do to get it. Would it cost a lot? Because I won't do it if it does, but if all I have to do is buy a sensor I might think about it.

OP
OP
Sparky95

Sparky95

Reaction score
I checked all the settings for the instrument cluster display where the manual said it would be"if equipped"and found nothing.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's really weird. I have outside air temp in mine and I have the manual controls. Maybe you just need the sensor hooked up? The pig tail should be behind the grill somewhere.

OP
OP
Sparky95

Sparky95

Reaction score
That is what I am hoping, unless I need a computer flash as well, and if that costs $$$ . At what point do I just say, "oh well I don't need it for that price"

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only you can answer if the cost is worth it. I'm sure I've spent money things for cars that most people would disagree with.

OP
OP
Sparky95

Sparky95

Reaction score
I guess the question would be if someone knows if all I have to do is install the sensor.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your best answers may come from a dealer as far as what you have or don't have and what you may need in the way of a sensor or having it flashed.

Doesn't hurt to ask for a quote

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Copied from the 07 service manual

NOTE: If equipped with electronic automatic temperature control (EATC), the outside air temperature display is located in the EATC display.