Removing Emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just picked up an 08' Expedition and want to debadge it. I started taking the rear "Expedition Limited" emblem off and see there is alignment pins behind it, so it's going back on until I figure something else out. So does anyone know if there are alignment pins behind the "Expedition" emblems on the driver and passenger doors? Thanks

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes...what color is your truck? you will have to fill them in some how and depending on color i have another option for you

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Guess I shoulda came back and checked any responses before I tried to remove the side emblem. Looks like there is 1 alignment hole..?? Mine is black. I was just going to order a couple of those Cobra emblems and have them sprayed black and put them over the hole one each side of the door. I really hate all the big and in my opinion gawdy emblems all over the Expedition. They are definitely coming off, just need to find some clean looking options to cover the holes. What do you have?

I am hoping/assuming there isn't an alignment hole behind the RSC emblem on the tailgate?

EricH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JMO, please don't put Cobra emblems on the sides.
I don't understand why guys do this that don't have Cobras.
I'd personally get something made out of billet and have it powdercoated.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since its black...use plastidip...cover it right up to blend in...

FlyBoyd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
since its black...use plastidip...cover it right up to blend in...

Can you expand on this? I have a black expy and I took it into a body shop and they quoted me around $800 to take off the emblems and paint match. How big is the hole and will plastidip be noticeable?

Thanks

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plastidip is a colored liquid plastic that is appliable to vehicles and whatever else...you can also make a custom color...sprays right on and any overspray...literally rubs right off with your finger tips...search it on here...i believe theres a good video on how to do it...you can buy it from walmart...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you expand on this? I have a black expy and I took it into a body shop and they quoted me around $800 to take off the emblems and paint match. How big is the hole and will plastidip be noticeable?

Thanks

With the plastidip, you would leave the emblems on and just paint them black. They would still be on the truck, but since your vehicle is black, the emblems won't be nearly as noticeable as when they are chrome.

The shop is quoting you to remove the emblems, fill in the hole, and color match to the surrounding paint.

abnranger67

Reaction score
Anyone know if the emblems on the driver and passenger side of the 2000 Ford Expy have alignment pins? I want to remove my emblems and put skulls on mine, it is a black truck.