SCT X4 Tuner - 2011 Expedition 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

efi302

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently picked up a 2011 and also purchased the SCT X4 Tuner.

The main goal is to increase the snap between shifts and possibly some performance with the built in tunes.

2 quick questions

Is there any benefit to the 87 octane tune vs. stock?

What are the recommended transmission settings? It looks like up to 25% increase per gear. I was about to flash it but got a bit nervous when it identified the transmission as an F150 vs. Expedition but assuming perhaps they use the same trans.

Any tips here would be appreciated, it's difficult to find folks discussing the Expedition and the SCT X4 tuner.

thank you!!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are the recommended transmission settings? It looks like up to 25% increase per gear. I was about to flash it but got a bit nervous when it identified the transmission as an F150 vs. Expedition but assuming perhaps they use the same trans.

Yes, the Expedition and F150 both use the 6R80 from 2009 on. Sorry, I can't help you with the rest.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can tell you about my experience with my Hypertech tuner. I did not like the way my 2011 shifted. It was like it slid into each gear. I ended up going with the most aggressive 75% firmer shift and it does feel better. My tuner added about 35 HP and yes it did make a difference in the seat of the pants. Not worth the difference in going to premimum fuel for just 1 or 2 HP more. I know mine is a different brand of tuner, but I hope that helps.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can tell you about my experience with my Hypertech tuner. I did not like the way my 2011 shifted. It was like it slid into each gear. I ended up going with the most aggressive 75% firmer shift and it does feel better. My tuner added about 35 HP and yes it did make a difference in the seat of the pants. Not worth the difference in going to premimum fuel for just 1 or 2 HP more. I know mine is a different brand of tuner, but I hope that helps.

How do you know your tuner added 35 HP? I'd like to see the dyno before/after printout for those claims.

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No Dyno. That is the manufacturers claim. All I can really say for sure is that I can feel the difference. I think they might have printouts on their website. Not sure, it's been a while.