Crank No Start P1233 Fuel Pump Driver Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

makuloco2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this has been an issue for awhile and many may know about it but many probably don't. The issue is dirt and salt debri etc get packed behind the Fuel pump driver module rot it out and without warning you have a crank no start or worse it dies going down the road then you and the family are stranded or worse while towing on a trip. I made a video on how it happens and how to fix it with the solution Ford came up with. It is worth checking even if you don't seem to be having any issues yet......

F150 & Expedition No Start P1233 Fuel Pump Driver Module - YouTube

EightIsEnough

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just had mine replaced, but now I get no data on my obd ii about the fuel system. Any ideas how to get readings again in Torque Pro? It runs fine, and I am getting great gas mileage numbers on my display. The. Computer must be reading from the module, but I cannot extract the data.

On another note, the shop was unable to use the rubber spacers that came with the NAPA part because it could not get a ground. I saw it run fine with stock screws then not start with the spacers. Is there a way to use the spacers?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

makuloco2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just had mine replaced, but now I get no data on my obd ii about the fuel system. Any ideas how to get readings again in Torque Pro? It runs fine, and I am getting great gas mileage numbers on my display. The. Computer must be reading from the module, but I cannot extract the data.

On another note, the shop was unable to use the rubber spacers that came with the NAPA part because it could not get a ground. I saw it run fine with stock screws then not start with the spacers. Is there a way to use the spacers?

Use studded bolts as shown, it is interesting you say the fpdm wouldn't work with the rubber spacers because of a ground issue, there is a large power and ground coming into the module and I believe the board itself is isolated from the casing inside.

You know what makes even less sense is the way I get these trucks into the shop is unplug the connector and plug in an old but known good fpdm off another truck and it just dangles there in mid air and they work just fine something funky is going on at that shop.

Last edited:

EightIsEnough

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would not have believed this if I had not seen it myself. I agree the ground issue made no sense to me. What other reason could there be that would cause it to work while dangling then not work when mounted with the rubber spacer? I want to put the spacer back in, but I do not have time to waste experimenting.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is just a thought. If each of the four bolts weren't torqued to the same level and the board has a hairline crack in it, it could cause the board to flex enough to break the connection. It might be far-fetched but it is worth considering.

OP
OP
M

makuloco2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would not have believed this if I had not seen it myself. I agree the ground issue made no sense to me. What other reason could there be that would cause it to work while dangling then not work when mounted with the rubber spacer? I want to put the spacer back in, but I do not have time to waste experimenting.

Yeah that is why I say uses the studded bolts as shown in my video and be done.

FUBAR2208

Reaction score
Is the FPDM on a 2004 expy?

Do the 2004 expys have this FPDM?

My expy will turn over but doesn't start like it is out of gas.