Expediton world of problems PCM? Tran? Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fradojr

Reaction score
So as always more problems with the 05.

Latest issues

still the knocking and killing issue shoots codes about cam shaft sensor ( Replaced them both , still get the code)
Cruise control works when it wants to.
Random error codes about tire pressure doors being open when there not
keypad on door randomly malfunctions
car sometimes don't start

And today the cars not going anywhere it takes a minute after holding the gas for it to get up and go anywhere. Feels like the transmission isn't shifting or running rough and hard. And after I went to get gas it started doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4BN9gVeeCo&list=UU4uEe-ERKV0X-NGYLX6SNGQ

And it did this the entire way back from getting gas when I checked the dip stick it was showing dry but I find it hard to believe but I have seen this truck do this before so I am letting it sit over night to check the dip switch I just changed the oil 2 months ago and find it hard to believe that I have leaked 7qts oil with out noticing. So does this seem like a faulty cpu the random errors it has seems to me like the pcm but with the tranny acting so funny I am unsure. It killed 6 times backing out of our driveway. Any ideas?? Is it worth bringing to the dealer? I am afraid they are going to find to many thinks wrong with it and I cant afford that.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may have a faulty oil pressure switch. It is either on or off. If you have oil in the system and the pump is okay the switch will register pressure.

How many miles on your 05?

OP
OP
F

Fradojr

Reaction score
130k Just got it towed back home today died on me on the road she still starts. Theres oil in here cousin things alot of my issues could be from my timing chains being loose cause you can here some rattle in the engine as well.

OP
OP
F

Fradojr

Reaction score
So bringing this back up still fooling with these thing as it is not paid for so trying to get the damn thing working at some point. I replaced the VCT Solenoids & Seals, And both Cam Shaft Postilion sensors. I also checked the timing chain while I replaced the solenoids checked the top of the chain to seem if it was any loose and it didnt seem to be. It is still loosing the oil pressure intermittently at idle. I am waiting on my Oil pressure gauge to come in to see if its sending unit or not. Could the pump be faulty only some times? The engine seems to be having more noise but it does not change when the gauge is going faulty at least, I don't think. The truck always had alot of noise when running. Could it be the pump to randomly stop giving pressure. Or could I be lucky and it just be the sending unit?