fuel pump drive module on a 2003 xlt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollingbear

Reaction score
Hi there, i have an 03 expedition with the 5.4 and 116k miles. i am having the fuel pump problem so many seam to have with these dam things. i replaced the pump but still have no power to the pump. the pcm has power and the pump was tested before installation.
I was looking for the driver module under the spare tire and don't see it where the pictures show. I also checked the inertia switch and reset it and still nothing. i called the dealer and kragen auto parts...they say that there is not a driver module listed for the 2003 expy? am i missing something is the driver module some where else or is it not installed on the 2003s? if its not then am i left replacing the fuse box (405.93 +tax at the dealer) i would like to try the module first if possible before the fuse box
any help would be great thanks

what happened...
my gas light came on just as i was leaving the school & i drove for about 3 more miles up the hill from picking my kids up from school. stopped at the gas station but parked on a slight hill so i could take the kids in for some tacos before filling up & heading home. (i think the pump ran dry) when i got back in it fired quickly for just a second and then died. cranked but no start & no pump hum. had to get towed home. replaced the pump & still nothing... no power at the fuel pump connector on the frame rail (bummer) did a little trouble shooting but we still have 3" of snow on the ground....

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC the module is in the tank. It got moved to the rear spare area with the 3V motors (05-06). You didn't mention it, but did you check the fuse?

If you shop around, you can get the fuse box for alot cheaper than that. Try eBay or tascaparts.com (or in the soonest section above. Not saying that's the issue, just that you can get it cheaper. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
rollingbear

rollingbear

Reaction score
i wanted to say that i did find the main problem with no power to my fuel pump and it was the fried 303 relay in the fuse box ... i found the replacement relay # on sparkys answers blog (thanks) its a great how to on removing the fuse box... i ordered the relay and im going to see it the $4 fix will do it before i have to shell out close to $350 for a new fuse box...

The replacemnet relay for the printed circuit board can be purchased from Digikey for about $4. It is Digikey part number Z2696-ND. Their phone number is 800 344 4539.

hope it works

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire