Interior led conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anybody have a list and quality to do a complete led conversion? I need the following

Dome
Map
Vanity
Glove box
2nd row map
Cargo

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to chime in without helping out too much but, superbrightleds.com is a site recommended to me from a few other members on here and they have some great quality lights and many different options for each section of light. If you visit their site (like I did) you can enter the year/make/model in the vehicle finder section and they will show you all lights compatible with your truck and I purchased enough for the whole interior, couldn't be happier and would (most likely) not buy from anywhere else in the future... Hope that helps a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jt_armstrong

Reaction score
Not to chime in without helping out too much but, superbrightleds.com is a site recommended to me from a few other members on here and they have some great quality lights and many different options for each section of light. If you visit their site (like I did) you can enter the year/make/model in the vehicle finder section and they will show you all lights compatible with your truck and I purchased enough for the whole interior, couldn't be happier and would (most likely) not buy from anywhere else in the future... Hope that helps a little.

That's a cool website. Never heard of it before.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I have used them for a couple of vehicles including my Navigator.

kawi_200

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used the Philips brand LEDs from Pep Boys. The size/type are as follows:

*Front map/dome - 194/T10 wedge. Due to the reflector shape you will want a SIDE FIRING style bulb. Anything with a single LED on the top will not work and will be extremely dim looking.
*Turn signals and puddle lamps - 194/T10 wedge fit and work just fine, but I think the stock bulbs were larger
*Rear license plate - 194/T10 wedge
*2nd row dome and cargo area - festoon style, I think 47mm. Not 100% on the proper size.

Vanity and glove box - no idea.... I haven't changed them

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did just that, and in the process I damaged the instrument cluster which now constantly draws 500mA and thus draining the battery.... I do not know why, many has put LED interior lights in their truck but apparently it can be a quite risky thing to do.. I have a thread where I am in the process of troubleshooting it and will attempt to repair the instrument cluster instead of replacing it.

OP
OP

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was reading into that, just didn't want to thread jack you. I'm not interested in the instrument cluster. Thanks for the info!

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is yours a 2005 or 2006? Not sure how the interior lights are controlled in '03 and '04 since they have a different instrument cluster, but the interior dome lights in '05 and '06 are controlled by the instrument cluster. Which means that when I replaced puddle lights and the interior dome lights and map lights, the damage was done to the instrument cluster. I did not replace the lights in the instrument cluster, now I don't think it's worth the risk to do any of those in LED. Granted, turn signals, brake lights and stuff like that are just on/off controlled by relays and switches, no fancy circuit. But the puddle lights and the interior lights are different, they have this soft on/soft off dimming feature, the circuit controlling this is internal in the instrument cluster, and apparently it's very sensitive to the load it receives....

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
use Sylvania.com....go to auto section and fill in ur information...it will give u all the bulb numbers and locations in the truck

OP
OP

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mine is an 04. that's strange i guess i misread it. I thought you had done the leds in the instrument cluster. I ordered the lights but now i'm nervous about it. is it still messed up when switching them back to the old ones?