Locked keys insidde

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hlygrail

Reaction score
I found the factory code on a black box underneath the dash, passenger side, up against the fender wall (a little difficult to see because it's up there a little way).

The five digit code, plus "1", plus new code will get you set-up.

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I locked myself out just last week. Called my friend to bring my spares. 30mins later I found the keys sitting on the sink in the store bathroom.

I think I'm going to buy one of those magnetic key box holders to place my spares under the truck.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just get a box installed underneath somewhere...i've heard of a couple of lock smiths installing them...

PTRJason

Reaction score
I just have a regular key in my wallet in the coin pocket. Just have a cheap one cut, does not have to be a transponder key. Just something to open the door. Put it in your wallet, check book, purse, makeup pouch, whatever. I usually always have my wallet anyway.

But I only use my remote to lock my truck. So even then it would be hard to lock myself out. But you never know. And I do not have a keypad, but I am looking at the RF Keypads to put one on my Expy. I use it for work sometimes. And I just leave the key in the ignition the entire shift, take the remote off and hook it to my gun belt, and use that to lock and unlock the doors.

I also only have one transponder key.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK