Mirror light bulb replacement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys. Was wondering if you guys could help me out. Im trying to replace the bulbs in my side mirror housing. I dont know how to get to it tho. My mirrors dont have turn signal markers, it just has the little circular clear lens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Push the mirror body all the way forward (through the normal detent, till it folds forward...). Look up underneath the fat end of the lens (in what would be the gap...) and you should see a Torx screw, remove that screw. Now push just the mirror inner edge in on the inside end so you can see behind the mirror from the outside edge. There at what would be the top of the lens you'll see a metal clip that has to be compressed a little so you can drop the light lens down from the mirror body. Once the lens is free you can see where the light socket is and twist it to remove it. It's a 194 bulb. I replaced mine with LED's.

-Mike

Mirror folded all the way forward you'll see a screw like this... (stock screw is a Torx head screw...)
ExpyMirrorScrew_zps63b46c23.jpg

Push the mirror all the way in on the inner edge and you'll find this release clip... use a long screwdriver to compress it and pull down...
ExpyMirrorClip_zps8b5ab419.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
boobie33

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. But the bulbs in mine are festoon type bulbs. 30mm long. I think I broke the driver side lense trying to get to the bulb. I thought they were like the interior lights, where I had to just pry off the cover. Ill try to take pics tomorrow of what im dealing with. Thanks tho. I will definitely try to remove the screw and pry off the plastic bottom cover. Hopefully I can get to the bulb

Last edited:
OP
OP
boobie33

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is what I had to do. Finally figured out how to pop the assembly out. Looks like the whole assembly would need to be replaced and is not serviceable. I had to pry/cut the lenses off to get to the bulb inside. Then swapped out the filament bulb for some nice led's. Cleaned the lenses then I glued them back together with some crazy glue..and popped them back in the mirror housing.
ugazedud.jpg
une3a7ug.jpgy2aje9ed.jpg
unabe3az.jpg

OP
OP
boobie33

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
31mm festoon led.