Need fuse box help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbarr73

Reaction score
i have a 2003 5.4L eddie....i just replaced the passenger kick panel fuse box because the fuel pump relay burned up...i got an "new model" ford replacement fuse box and hooked it up with no problem i even replaced the power wire the came with the new fuse box. once all done it throw some codes for misfires and the engine has no pick up what so ever so i went back to double check my work and noticed the fuse box very warm. every thing is tight and grounded right. Any one have any clue what it might be??

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuse boxes are not supposed to get really warm. Heat is a byproduct of current draw - so you have at least one circuit that is drawing more than it was intended too. You need to find out which one that is.

The old fuse box is repairable if you have soldering skills.

OP
OP
J

jbarr73

Reaction score
I understand that but any clue what circuit would cause that? everything works as it should other the stated engine problems. I had Zero problems with it till the fuel pump relay burned up and now this happens

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can't determine which circuit is drawing too much without being there. Touch each relay and see if one of them is the source of the heat. If so then you know which circuit the problem is on.
I would guess the fuel pump circuit would be the culprit since it cooked one relay already.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a question Is the fuse box getting very warm while your driving or is it getting very warm when the expy is shut off

OP
OP
J

jbarr73

Reaction score
Ok so i just did what Stamp said i went and started it and felt for which relay or fuse started to heat up....and its the fuel pump relay.... So what about be the common cause of this problem?

OP
OP
J

jbarr73

Reaction score
145*** I have only owned it for about 2 weeks now so i have never had changed it yet

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe the previous owner knew something that you didn't know

My suggestion would be to replace both the fuel pump and filter before you loose another fuse box