Power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L8/93LX

Reaction score
Driver side mirror folds back, but when you hit the switch to go back to original position it keeps right on going all the way forward. Is the mirror f'ked or can it be taken apart and fixed. To damn cold to fix now but when the weather warms up i'll take it off and take a look, just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try this:

Exterior Mirror Motor Synchronization — Power Folding

NOTE: This procedure must be performed any time the power folding mirrors are manually folded IN or OUT, or if the position of the mirror case has been moved without using the mirror control switch.

NOTE: If the power folding mirrors are folded or unfolded continuously (6 to 10 cycles), the power lockout feature will disable the system for 2 minutes to prevent damage to the power fold motors. After 2 minutes have elapsed, normal operation will resume.

1.Set the mirror control switch to the CENTER position.
NOTE: It may be necessary to cycle the power folding mirrors IN or OUT up to 4 times before they are synchronized.

2.Use the mirror control switch (press rearward) to automatically cycle the power folding mirrors IN and OUT 4 times.

3.When an audible popping sound is heard, the power folding mirror motors are synchronized.

Matt

Omar 12453

Reaction score
On my Expedition 2015 XLT I replaced manual door mirrors with power fold ones and purchased control switch that have fold/unfold option.

They work Okay except when I need to fold them I have to pull back and hold switch, and when need to unfold them I have to push switch forward while holding it.

On the similar vehicles that come with power fold mirrors, you only need to pullback switch with one touch to fold and unfold.
What do I need to do to have them operate like original ones?

Your assistance and comments are appreciated