Side mirror help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
In our 03 EB the outside mirrors seem to pop and not go to the previous memory setting. I have searched but haven't found anything on this yet. Are they rebuildable? Hate to have to replace them.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
set ur mirrors to the desired position and set them...make sure the mirror switch is in the middle...mine does it only when the switch isn't in the neutral position

delawhere23

Reaction score
Do they move in a random way to an extreme up or down position when you hit the unlock on the key fob?

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I've set the switch to all 3 (left,center and right), still does it. When I use my key fob my mirrors don't move. I have to press 1 of the 2 preset buttons. It seems like it's stripped out and won't fully go to where we have it preset.

igozumn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Motors in the mirrors need to be replaced. Or at least, they did in mine. Still need to do the driver side. Passenger side was almost stuck, twitching at me in defiance. New motor fixed it right up.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or you can buy new mirrows...I got a set for just over $100 on ebay...pnp

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Motors in the mirrors need to be replaced. Or at least, they did in mine. Still need to do the driver side. Passenger side was almost stuck, twitching at me in defiance. New motor fixed it right up.

Where can I pick up new motors and is it something I can replace myself? Thanks in advance!

igozumn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just about any Ford dealer will/should have them on hand. They fit a bunch of different vehicles. 6U5Z-17D696-D is the part number with memory. MSRP is $94.32 each with a good wholesale price around $68 each. The hardest part will be getting the old mirror glass off the motor without breaking the glass. If I recall, I stuck my fingers in and was able to get some of the little tabs to let go off the motor. The motor is round and snaps into a ring on the back of the glass. There are 6 or 8 or 10 tabs that form the ring and hold onto the motor plate. Think Stonehenge and you'll get the idea. You have to get the first 2 or 3 or 4 tabs to let loose before you can get it off.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK