Suspention noise, need advise......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi first my ride: 2003 Ford Expi EB 4x4 5.4L, can some one tell me what to change to resolve the anoying noise each time you take a bump, sounds like a old car suspension, just a little frustation When you arrive to some place with your Expi with 22" chrome wheels with this anoying sound :buffer: plase help!!!!

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another question! Just don't know if i have to make another post , i have a noise in the front passenger side hub each time i turn the wheels almost complete i hear a click click click click sound like a damage front axle i know is very diffucult to diagnost with this explanation but just need an idea if sound like i have to stop the expi or i can use for a short time or is going to be a expensive repair.. Also advancetrack not working message appear in message center dont know of have to do with this, Thanks!

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The clicking noise sounds like an axle. I have bad squeaking on mine and I have yet to find out what is causing the noise. I have replaced ball joints and even greased areas where I think it might be causing the noise.

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys, just have to wait to the weekend to verify those parts.

03ExFX4

Reaction score
I had the same issue with mine.

Old squeaky bed sound was resolved by spraying WD-40 into every joint and over the shocks and springs. Wouldn't hurt to grease some of the suspension components up as well. Probably just a little dry up there.

My front end also had a slight squeak coming from the front driver side wheel. It would only occur at low speeds <15mph. It seemed to squeak with the bumps in the road, or getting in and out would produce a slight squeak. Upon doing some brake service, I sprayed some WD-40 on to the hub and up into the shock. Sound is gone and now there are no squeaks to be had.

Quick and easy fix.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the same issue with mine.

Old squeaky bed sound was resolved by spraying WD-40 into every joint and over the shocks and springs. Wouldn't hurt to grease some of the suspension components up as well. Probably just a little dry up there.

My front end also had a slight squeak coming from the front driver side wheel. It would only occur at low speeds <15mph. It seemed to squeak with the bumps in the road, or getting in and out would produce a slight squeak. Upon doing some brake service, I sprayed some WD-40 on to the hub and up into the shock. Sound is gone and now there are no squeaks to be had.

Quick and easy fix.

Wow thanks going to try tomorrow morning thanks!

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I sprayed WD all over and I am still getting some squeaks. Has anybody had any squeaking from the rears before? I am wondering if I am missing a joint or 2.

03ExFX4

Reaction score
WD40 cured my squeaks. Looks like you probably have a squeak that is beyond where the WD40 can reach. I would assume a u-joint, cv-joint, or ball joint that is on its way out. Maybe a Control Arm Bushing. Could also be the shocks depending on their age as well.