98-02 Expedition and Navigator check suspension light diy solve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Mine has this check sus light on also. Due to work / projects it will be a while before I could get to this, so just curious, does it hurt anything to leave this light on?

Unless something changes, the town I live in currently doesn't require the emissions / computer inspection so that light throwing an error code wouldn't be an issue.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has this check sus light on also. Due to work / projects it will be a while before I could get to this, so just curious, does it hurt anything to leave this light on?

Unless something changes, the town I live in currently doesn't require the emissions / computer inspection so that light throwing an error code wouldn't be an issue.

Check Sus Light totally different from a check engine light. So to answer your question anyway, yes it wont hurt. Just annoying to see lights on the cluster...like the airbag light I have on another car...

navair

Reaction score
Having posted on how to fix earlier ......in reflection...easier to just go for dash

cluster and twist and pull plug out.
after just doing this and posting
Makes sense to me anyway that the job to remove the bulb in the cluster is a simpler fix.
The only difference can see is think steering is effected with switch on...
and after the fix ....turned mine on and personally like the steering better with it off.....so turned switch off again......just opinion
on my previous post for repair biggest problem is possible breaking plastic on
clock surrounding plastic as the push in snap in is on the right and if you do not pull it out first on that side you will break plastic like happened to me. Used silicon to stick back in dash for holding in place....but did snap plastic in half
For the dash cluster....just pull piece above steering column....then plastics held with 7mm around top cluster
..think at that point 7mm holding cluster in place visable

chuckie

Reaction score
Help

Hi Givenator,

I am in Harrisburg, Pa., about 30 miles from you. I have the 2004 Navigator and I also recently converted from air suspension to coil/spring. Can you help to disable "Check Suspension" light on my instrument panel? I will pay you. Thank you.
Charles