heat won't work!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monroegt

Reaction score
2000 Eddie Bauer. Already replaced relay but cannot adjust fan speed stuck on off. Temperature adjustment works and can hear blend door open. And the back works fine! Out of ideas sorry if the answer is already on here but searching for 3 days is my breaking point! Thanks in advance - Ron

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can you read and understand electrical prints

does the fan run if you turn on the A/C

The blower motor is inoperative — EATC
Circuitry short/open.
A/C blower motor.
A/C blower motor speed control.
Blower motor relay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

monroegt

Reaction score
I can kind of understand simple electrical prints. My uncle is a electrician so he could help and thanks I will have to check those fuses! Thanks for the help guys!

Al95

Reaction score
Is the control stuck that it can not be moved from low to hight. If the control can be moved all the way from low to high it is a simple fix. The part name a/c heater blower motor resistor. This controls the on and off and fan speed. This part was causing problems in my ac it only worked on low and high only.

Al95

Reaction score
The part cost me $25. A ac tech wanted to charge me $90 to replace the part he showed me location of the part got home and replaced with the help of my dad.

OP
OP
M

monroegt

Reaction score
I replaced the resistor already except mine was $160 black box with two plugs behind glove box

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the fan control is different for manual and EATC I would bet that Al95 has manual and your EB has EATC that would account for the difference in cost

Last edited:

Al95

Reaction score
I have the manual type control and not electric type. Did it work?

Last edited: