How comfortable is your Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickChick

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Thought of something interesting to post. On a scale of 1-10 (one being extremely uncomfortable and ten being the best) how comfortable is your expedition to drive? Ride quality, interior comfort, extra options, etc. I'm curious to see everyone's answers.

I would have to rate mine a 7. My tires give a howl on the road and my front shocks need replacing soon. Other than that, pretty damn comfortable!

srs7324

Reaction score
Rate yor expedition

I would give mine an 8 out of 10.
I have had sports cars, basic luxury cars and gas sipping small cars and I enjoy driving the expedition the most.
I can go about anywhere on road and off road and I am prepared for all kinds road and weather conditions.
It has been loaded down with about everything, firewood, 8 passengers and luggage, a washer and dryer, a dishwasher and gas stove, dogs, and about anything I can fit in there.

Plus the size and power needed on the highway when traveling.

The only down side I gas mileage, but that is expected.

american steel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
need a new driver seat foam thing. Power sucks with factory PI 4.6 in it. Decent ride sits nice and high.

Praise almalexia! Blessed by akatosh.

E36Graduate

Reaction score
We just bought our 4th expedition over the last decade or so:

1999 xlt
2003 xt
2006 limited
2012 limited

To date I would rate the 2012 a definite 9 out of 10. Very comfortable ride, very quiet, very smooth. As I mentioned in another post, I am having a hard time deciding whether to drive my wife's new expedition or my Audi!!!!

Why the heck are my attachments upside down?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 87

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would give it an 7 of 10. good ride for a full framed SUV but nothing beats the old 1988 Oldsmobile 88 royale brougham.. why nobody makes pillowtop seats anymore is beyond me....

dipsherry

Reaction score
With the lift it's firm but I like firm it feels like a truck. The 39s are big and heavy so the power suffers. But I still give it a 8

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As she sits now, 8.5/10. I am comfortable to drive this thing wherever and whenever, from a full tank I have about 420 miles in mixed driving range and around 500+ highway miles so I don't have to get out often to fill up.

-.5 for sloppy steering due to an unknown part being bad (haven't found it yet, everything checks out so far)

-1 for the poor hp : weight ratio. 200hp isn't enough to get a 6000lb+ suv up to speed quick enough when paired with a 3.31 lsd

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes