No Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

agree

Reaction score
Still need help.....
I changed termostat, blend door is ok, I blew out the heater core with compressed air, changed antifreeze, all sistem i blew and clean with water.
Now im in problem outside is geting very cold -20C and i boght elektric seat....
Still looking for more solutions!!!!

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still need help.....
I changed termostat, blend door is ok, I blew out the heater core with compressed air, changed antifreeze, all sistem i blew and clean with water.
Now im in problem outside is geting very cold -20C and i boght elektric seat....

After running engine to operating temp.. Is the heater line and core hot to the touch? If so, then maybe the blower to cabin is not working.

If heater core is still cool to touch, then the core is not getting heated water from the water pump..

Just brainstorming now..

agree

Reaction score
...the heater line and core is hot ...and blower i think is working because it blows air...

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still need help.....

...the heater line and core is hot ...and blower i think is working because it blows air...
If the core is hot, the lines are hot, and the blower is working you should have heat. How did you determine that the core is hot? How did you determine the blend door was working? Usually if both heater hoses are HOT the core should be too. If only one is hot there would be a restriction in the core. The blend door opens to let hot air pass and provides heat that way to the plenum/ducts. You can't see it or touch the blend door without dis-assembly.

agree

Reaction score
I dis-ambled couple things and i could touch blend door and its working...the both lines are hot i put there my hands...the blower is working because i could feel it.
Only thing where im not sure is heater core-i think it wasn't enough warm????!!!

Big Sarge

Reaction score
Any fix to this ... I know this is an old thread but the issue I'm having is everything works perfectly heater cores are hot to touch but as soon as the blower fan is turned on full blast or anything other than low the cores and hoses cool... Water pump maybe?

Big Sarge

Reaction score
New rad, new tstat, new rad hoses, flushed system and flushed cores independently. cores are hot and on low I can feel hot air coming out but when I turn the fan from low to any higher it blows cold and the hoses and cores both go cold to the touch...and yes its been burped completely. I can take the cap off the reservoir after driving 30 mins with no spitting coolant and hardly and pressure in the hoses...

Big Sarge

Reaction score
Oh and when I flushed I used a cleaner from prestone and had that little pint of cleaner and just water in the system it blew hot air like a champ? Water pump having a hard time pumping thick coolant mix and was easy to pump hot water maybe?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni