Go Back   Ford Expedition Forum > Ford Expedition Forum > 1st Gen - 1997 - 2002

Sponsored Ads
Register to remove these ads.

1st Gen - 1997 - 2002

Sea Foam

This is a discussion on Sea Foam within the 1st Gen - 1997 - 2002 forums, part of the Ford Expedition Forum category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! I have been thinking about using Sea foam on my 98 expedition with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Members

Default Sea Foam

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I have been thinking about using Sea foam on my 98 expedition with 211,000 kms and some change. Has anyone used it on their vehicle with this many kms. I have heard good and some bad stuff so want some fellow Expedition owners opinions. Thanks Guys
kevinw2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Members

not the same thing, but i SeaFoamed a 1994 Ford E150 conversion van with a 302 and 176,000 miles on it. BOY did it give off a smoke screen!!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Members

Using it how? Fuel system, crank case before an oil change, top end cleaning such as introducing through your brake booster? What is your goal?
IAExpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Members

i did it through the brake booster method..
Old 01-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by IAExpy View Post
Using it how? Fuel system, crank case before an oil change, top end cleaning such as introducing through your brake booster? What is your goal?
Using the SeaFoam to clean the top end will require you to use it either in the fuel tank at fill up or thru the brake booster or vacuum line feeding the manifold.

Putting the SeaFoam in the oil before the oil change is cleaning the bottom end.

It depends on your reasoning of use to where you put the SeaFoam.

A smoke screen out the tail pipes will only happen when you use it directly into the manifold, ie: brake booster or vacuum line. And that is a good thing, it is doing what it is supposed to do, cleaning deposit build-up in the intake, valves.

SeaFoam is meant to only clean up the carbon build up through the top end, and oil build up deposits in the bottom end when used in the oil.

I usually add a can of SeaFoam every 4 or 5 fill-ups. It does all good and nothing bad. It is a great investment as a regular fuel additive. Only downfall to this method I use is if there is deposits in the fuel system it could clog up injectors or disturb the injector spray pattern. Other than that, it is a safe and clean method to help keep the upper end clean as possible. I virtually swear by the product as I have been using it for years and on all kinds of makes and models.
99 XLT 4.6 4x4, Full Spectre CAI, Edge EVO/HT tuned, Hooker Aero Chamber with dual Magnaflow 3" tips, 3/2" lift, 305/70/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 16x10 Pro Comp Xtreme black mods, Camo interior, Smoked Euro tail lights, Black Euro headlights, and more to come.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...play.php?f=179

Last edited by SkyJumper; 01-02-2012 at 01:35 PM.
SkyJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

technical advisor

I'd suggest a quick search of the forum. We've pretty much covered this subject to death.

1998 XLT 4x4 5.4, Rancho 4" lift w/RS9000 shocks, 3" Body Lift, 35" BFG AT KO on Weld Wheels, Tactical Armor Group Bumper, Tuff Stuff 12,500 lb winch, Rancho Skid Plate, Flares, Magnaflow SS Dual exhaust, Dual Optima Red Tops, Pioneer Touch Screen Nav Unit, Pioneer DVD w/ 7" Drop Down, Planet Audio 5ch amp w/ Punch 10" Sub, Avatal Alarm w/ Remote Start, Backup Camera w/ 10" Monitor SOLD 5/20/12
tonydiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Members

Originally Posted by IAExpy View Post
i am pretty much just looking to clean it, i know sometimes when i stop the truck starts to shake like the engine wants to stall so i want to give it a good cleaning inside.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Members

Originally Posted by SkyJumper View Post
I virtually swear by the product as I have been using it for years and on all kinds of makes and models.
i know some people swear by it, some people dont. Thats why i asked for opinions i have a year warranty on my truck right now so if the Sea foam reveals any problems it covers all internal parts for the engine. Thanks for the in depth response.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Members

i used it in the gas tank and oil. and i used it threw the vacuum brake booster hose and it didnt really set off a smoke screen. nvy said it put out some, but not much. i should have put in a 2nd can but i didnt have one.

DEAD!!!!

http://www.lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.com/
panda24619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Members

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by kevinw2345 View Post
i am pretty much just looking to clean it, i know sometimes when i stop the truck starts to shake like the engine wants to stall so i want to give it a good cleaning inside.
That sounds kinda like a torque converter not wanting to unlock.... Or is after you come to a stop and within a few seconds after it does this?