Sea Foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my expy put out a huge smoke screen through the break booster vac line. panda you bought expired seafoam lol

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my expy put out a huge smoke screen through the break booster vac line. panda you bought expired seafoam lol

nope. it was all good. nvy did it and he said it didnt really put out much smoke. i want to do it again. but use 2 bottles in the vac line.

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been thinking about using Sea foam on my 98 expedition with 211,000 kms and some change. Has anyone used it on their vehicle with this many kms. I have heard good and some bad stuff so want some fellow Expedition owners opinions. Thanks Guys

If its running and shifting good leave it alone:smokin:

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The smoke screen is created by the break down of unburnt and hardened carbon in the intake and valve train. The more it is able to break down, the more the white fog. It is wise after you let it run while you are dumping it in the intake, to take it out for a test drive. First take off in first for abotu 100 yards hard on the pedal. Then come to a stop and do it again in first gear. Repeat a few times then allow it to idle for a few minutes. The take off hard in first allows for high RPM and the ability to kick out all that carbon and throw it out the pipes. Usually I pour up to 1/2 can on the first run, then come back after the test run and repeat with the rest of the can.

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be mindful not to put it in through the brake booster too quickly.. Bad bad ju-ju could result just pour it in nice and slowly

bar422

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This may sound stupid but does anyone have a picture of the brake booster line so I can run the seafoam through it? I think I know which line it is but want to make sure. I have a 2001 Expedition XLT.

Sounds like you start it up and slowly pour it in right? Thanks for any help on this!

OP
OP
kevinw2345

kevinw2345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys i used sea foam the other day, didnt put it in the manifold dont know if i will but i put it through the brake booster and the gas tank. Had no problems, had a little bit of smoke but nothing major.

Silver99Xlt4.6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Skyjumper is The Man ! , I'm Brucesexpo From Explorer forum and Skyjumper is very smart when it comes to these Expeditions and Explorers ! Think i Might try the Seafoam in the brake booster and in the tank , Kind of worried about blowing a gasket if i put it in the crankcase ? Not sure yet We'll See !