Trailer Wiring *ELECTRICAL GURU NEEDED*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terryscruze

Reaction score
OK so i've been racking my brain over what the he** this guy has done to these wires. FIRST THINGS FIRST. I bought the truck with an aftermarket flat bumper. It has a trailer hitch with the 9.75 Diff in the rear. Now can anybody explain to me how i go about hooking up a 4 flat pin wire connector to use with trailers? what i thought was license plate bulb wires really leads to the passenger side tail lights. and what is the plug that you guys see for? its not plugged into anything and leads to the front of the vehicle (have not traced it completely as it is dark out now) please any help would be nice. My understanding is that a majority of the wires should be on one side of the vehicles with the turn signal wires for the opposite side should only be that. THANKS IN ADVANCE

2002 Ford Expy xlt 2wd

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 61
  • trailer1.jpg
    trailer1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 65
  • trailer2.jpg
    trailer2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 72
  • trailer3.jpg
    trailer3.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 66
  • trailer4.jpg
    trailer4.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the first one is the factory connector for the towing package that has a power connector at the hitch, the rest, they are too small for me to make much of them, I only recognized the first from having the towing package.

OP
OP
T

terryscruze

Reaction score
yeah. well when i google connectors all im seeing is a circular connector and that one there is a square connector... so i'm confused on that.... the other wires that are connected to that black box (looks like a fuse box almost) leads to the taillights....

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if your willing to trace the wiring out in the daylight I would be able to provide you the diagrams and information you may need to straighten out that mess

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the black box you are referring to may possibly be some sort of a aftermarket flasher unit Hard to tell from the pics See if you can get any information off of the black box Also better pics would be helpful

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would try to get the original tow package harness either at the dealer or from a junk yard, it's basically plug and play and you will have a nice clean, reliable set up. At the very least I would take out all that mess and start from scratch if you don't want to get the ford harness. Either way I would pull all that out.