2009 drivers window regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just bought my truck a month ago. Its a 2009 expy eddie bauer. Seems as if the window regulator has gone to hell from reading some old threads on here. Is an aftermarket regulator ok to buy, if so are there any brands to avoid over another?

I had two mechanics tell me to only use oem due to fitment issues but id love to keep costs down if at all possible.

My window squeaked really bad opening and now will stop dead about halfway up when closing but closes with help. Do i need the motor also or just the regulator?

Thanks for any help,

Tom

5.4T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I might not be much help but I do remember reading some where that there a wire that gets pinched and causes an issue with the window....

OP
OP
Q

Quasar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, you hit it right on actually. Ended up sweet talking a deal on an oem regulator and window motor. The noise it made sounded like the motor was failing and was really slow. Replaced it first, window worked twice, then the regulator grenaded right before my eyes. Lol!! There is a steel cable in the regulator that winds around a spool and it was all rusted inside there. The replacement is same design. I fully expect to replace it again in another 5 years if I still have this truck.