3rd Row Access Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just recently the seat that folds both flat and also forward for third row access has started to get a little bit of a rattle for me. I've noticed that it has play in the back of it. I can still adjust it for leaning back but once it should be locked into position, it seems like it still has about 2-3 inches of wiggle room. So while driving down the road anytime I hit a bump or something I hear it slapping back and forth.

Has anyone taken this seat apart before? Any ideas of how it works or if there is something that can be replaced to lock it into a position so it doesn't have any additional play?

I think what caused the problem was someone in my 3rd row either trying to climb over and pulling on it or just pushing on it while seated.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
make sure everything is tight...do you have the manual or power 3rd row seats?

B

bedrck46

would be nice to know what year the expy is. May help to take the guess work out of trying to figure if you have manual or power seats

OP
OP
M

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry. I'm in the middle of moving from Northern CA to Hawaii and for whatever reason the notice that this thread had responses went to my spam folder. I spent one afternoon playing with it. I have a 2001 XLT...so manual seat. Turns out the problem was that the leather flap had managed to have a small part of the end fold over further to the right of where it should have been. I'm assuming that blocked the gears from fully locking into place when the seat was put back upright. After playing around with it folding it up and down and flat I could tell the handle was slightly out of position for where it is supposed to be. I played with that and then saw the leather flap moved over. I pulled it out and good again. No more flapping of the seat for every bump and turn.