air flow does not redirect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfe1

Reaction score
The air flow does not adjust with the settings selected. The air keeps flowing from the center and does not shift to floor or defrost etc. What can be the cause of this? No matter what setting you put the selector on except in the off (O) position it does not redirect the air flow.
This is on an '05 XLT

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
With both of you post most likely the same problem you have a major vacuum leak in the HVAC system somewhere

OP
OP
jfe1

jfe1

Reaction score
With both of you post most likely the same problem you have a major vacuum leak in the HVAC system somewhere
Is this re-directing the air flow from the front vent system, thought it to be a mechanical or electrical system? but seems I'll be stripping down to follow and fault find on the way.

OP
OP
jfe1

jfe1

Reaction score
OK! FIXED!
The thin vacuum line as described by everyone was good, leaving me scratching my head. So I started to follow each line on the system. The culprit....... the main hose coming from the brake booster creating the vacuum in the system. This was completely severed at the tie-in valve in-line behind the electrical wiring on the firewall.

Attachments

• IMG_vac feed.jpg
    IMG_vac feed.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_valve.jpg
    IMG_valve.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: