Cargo area cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ErikO

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a lead on a cargo area 'lid' for the 2006 Expedition? When we travel I'd like to have more than just a blanket thrown over whatever we have behind the rear seat, especially if the third row is folded down.

Thanks!

catmandu

Reaction score
I searched for one for a while and came up empty. Thought about a blanket stamped "nothing here but dismembered bodies" but thought better of it!

OP
OP
E

ErikO

Reaction score
We have old floor mats that worked fine to cover things up and the tint on the windows did the rest. I'm thinking a tan fleece that matches the interior will work fine.

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still have the cargo shade that came with my old '84 Z28. Alot of hatchbacks in the 80's could be ordered with one. When not retracted, you pulled it back til it attached to the rear window/hatch. There was enough of the shade so that it would pull open with the hatch. When you didn't need it, you could retract it and either leave it in place or remove it from the plastic pockets on either side behind rear seats. You could look for one in a junk yard. I thought of adapting mine to my '05.

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a cover for the Ford Escape and a one for the Highlander and a Subaru. They might be able to be retrofitted.

Static54

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Milwaukee WI /Anthem, AZ / Grand Rapids, MI
I believe he means an elevated cover that covers any cargo in the rear.
Something like an awning like this:

With a little creativity I'm sure you could make one. Basically make 2 mounts behind the seats, buy a piece of canvas to size, and make 2 more mounts near the hatch.

Last edited: