Digital Climate Temp Readout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so I've searched many threads and haven't found what I think is already in the forum...used key words during search

PROBLEM: digital climate temp readout is 20 degrees higher than what it really is...if its 65 outside it reads 85

problem started when I was upgrading my big 3 wires and forgot to secure my 4ga wire back to battery...started the truck and went to lowes...smelled burning smell and popped hood to find the wire dangling...good news is I fused the line so the fused popped when the wire made contact or got wrapped up and ripped off...all fuses are good...no other probs...digital climate temp stays 20 degrees higher at all times so something happened...trying to figure out what

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You would need to check for any codes stored in the EATC then troubleshoot the code present. If there aren't any codes then the module may need to be reconfigured, replaced or fooled.
I would live with it or you can band aid it by changing the resistance the module sees from the thermistor. In order to do that you will need to know which type of thermistor (NTC or PTC) they used and the resulting resistance change with a change in temperature.

Last edited:

Norexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had same problem.

Did an EATC selftest, and temp was as it should be afterwards.

Search Google for Ford eatc selftest for how to.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
test didn't work...still reading higher than what temp is...I like knowing what the temp is and having everything work in/on my truck...