door sills with lights

what do you think?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I bet that those would not be too difficult to make. The big trick would be getting my hands on a little bit of clear plastic to make something like that. I don't think that would be too hard to do. Just have to see what sort of hole I may have in the door sills. Granted, I have been contemplating making some damascus steel plates for in the door area. But then, I have the inside scoop on some cheap damascus steel. So that would drop the price overall considerably for me.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I bet that those would not be too difficult to make. The big trick would be getting my hands on a little bit of clear plastic to make something like that. I don't think that would be too hard to do. Just have to see what sort of hole I may have in the door sills. Granted, I have been contemplating making some damascus steel plates for in the door area. But then, I have the inside scoop on some cheap damascus steel. So that would drop the price overall considerably for me.

Some guy on F150online used clear epoxy. He cut out the outline of the letters from the plastic sills and filled it with the clear epoxy. He had LEDs under it to light up the letters.

Steel would be much cooler, though :)

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ross my G37 came with those, actually we paid extra for it. To be honest, after the first month you forget they are there lol.......

Wes1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still need to get y'all pics of mine that I had installed when I bought my 2012. They are the ones that light up and say Expedition. I think they look real good day night when you open the doors!!

I say go for it! Plus I only paid $250 for mine.