Front AC Rattle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_Wretched

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just bought a 2005 King Ranch with 127k. Fantastic shape but has a bit of rattle from the vents. If you touch the vent while it rattles it stops. Any ideas on how to fix or stop it?

Thanks!!! :angels25:

OP
OP
T

The_Wretched

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. They're not loose. You can move them and close the vents without issue. It happens mostly after a bump at 40mph+.

They move perfectly fine.

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just bought a 2005 King Ranch with 127k. Fantastic shape but has a bit of rattle from the vents. If you touch the vent while it rattles it stops. Any ideas on how to fix or stop it?

Hey The_Wretched,

Congrats on your new ride! I'd love to see a pic. If you're unable to find assistance from the good folks here on the forum, I recommend having your dealer check out the concern.

You may locate one here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Todd

Last edited:

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. They're not loose. You can move them and close the vents without issue. It happens mostly after a bump at 40mph+.

They move perfectly fine.

Does it sound like it is right behind the vent (caused by the vent itself) or more inside the dash? Could be a blend door not closing fully. It is controlled by vacuum and may not be sealing fully. This is purely speculation though.