Front door air leak. VERY ANNOYING.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake

Reaction score
I was driving down the feeway today and when i hit about 65-70 i heard air coming in through the drivers and passengers front doors. It makes the truck pull slightly when the noise occurs. I would like to fix this IMMEDIATELY if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

Reaction score
Also i forgot to mention it would happen sporadically every ten seconds or so....

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like it was just windy out, and when a gust hit your Expy, it pushed it a bit. A leaky seal wouldn't cause the vehicle to pull like that.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

Reaction score
It was a vert slight pull. I could tell a difference between the wind and the leak. I was going to let it go until the wifey complained about it before i said anything hahaha.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

Reaction score
All my weather stripping and seals look to be intact but i could be missing something. My drivers side window is making and ear piercing screech when im putting it down abd it gets about half way down so that is my biggest concern now hahaha.

Last edited:

DevonD

Reaction score
The air coming through the door seals is pretty normal I think on the expi and ford trucks around this age. I read somewhere that ford had been putting wrong door seals in these vehicles. I'm pretty sure there is a service bulletin on this. My doors even rattle because of the seals not being thick enough. I haven't bought new seals yet from ford because they are prob still selling the original ones that they put in there and they will only last so long again. There is a you tube video stating how this is a big problem with fords and they show how to run rubber tubing through the inside of the seals, that way they have more thickness to them, therefor not letting air through the door seals and less door rattling.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK