Gauge cluster lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crowncrazy87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried searching for this but no help really.

How hard is it to be able to change the color of my gauges when they are light up. The greenish tint just really is not working for me... I was thinking if I could get the numbers and all to light up a bluish tint. I believe I have seen pics of someones ride on here that is done.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes...a couple are done on here but in don't think they're active anymore... shouldn't be too hard

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from what i know...its green due to have florescent bulbs...as soon as you put LED bulbs in it will go blue...that is what pics have proven on the site

Rodville

Reaction score
There are green filters on all the gauges and switches. Some of the bulbs have a green rubber coating on them (headlight switch) and like the speedo panel and the HVAC panels the green tint is on the panel itself. The window switches in my 99 are already LED so that is easy. As for the ODO and the temp/compass/MPG displays have both a green lens and a green led display. The closest I have got to changing that one short of having new custom LED number displays done in a new color is to add a red film over and it changes it to more of an amber color. That seems to look better than the green with the red lighting I am going to use.

He is a pic of an autodim compass mirror I added the red fim to to change the color. (if anyone knows a better way please let me know.)
th_IMG_0561_zps7d3a6d84.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
green suites me as i am going black and green interior

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed that my 97 has more of a teal color to the gauges and is actually green at the switches. the color matches the color of my Buick so it's familiar i suppose. I like it better than straight green anyhow