Heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazy_moh

Reaction score
I just bought my first expedition last month. It's EB has most of the options but not the heated seat. Since, I live in Minnesota heated seats are something you most have during winter.
my question is would the heated seat plug and play or you need to run new wires for them? I know I will need a new center console wiith the swtiches.

OP
OP
C

Crazy_moh

Reaction score
you can by the heaters on e-bay or check rock-auto
I will add they can be fun to install

Thanks, I am looking for a factory look and it will be easyer to just use the factory seats with heaters if it's just plug and play

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 2001 EB had non heated seats but they also had air-bags in the seats I found a nice pair of heated seats with air-bags at a local u-pull-it yard only bad thing was the seat bottom heaters were defective I was able to repair the bad heaters so they are now working but being the seats had air bags the price was a little higher than non air bag seats.

you may want to try and salvage yards to see if they have what you are looking for

the expy should have the wiring harness already in place

OP
OP
C

Crazy_moh

Reaction score
my 2001 EB had non heated seats but they also had air-bags in the seats I found a nice pair of heated seats with air-bags at a local u-pull-it yard only bad thing was the seat bottom heaters were defective I was able to repair the bad heaters so they are now working but being the seats had air bags the price was a little higher than non air bag seats.

you may want to try and salvage yards to see if they have what you are looking for

the expy should have the wiring harness already in place

Thanks, I will check with salvage yards around me