Help identifying this part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2A199698-C04F-4259-9AB1-64E2C4BB94C5.jpg

It was rattling around up in my sunroof area. I pulled it out while driving- it was really loose.

And possibly related? It's raining (a lot) here and my sunroof is leaking. Haven't been able to open the sunroof to check drain lines because it's raining.

OP
OP
ExplorerTom

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do I put it back in? It was loose when I bought it so I don't know where it came from.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might need to get the proper length screws. I think I put mine back in with the glass open and standing up inside

OP
OP
ExplorerTom

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I got it back on. Although what a horrible design. This gutter (my pic in original post) is held onto the track via 2 short "drywall" screws. I say drywall because they are super coarse thread and super brittle- just like a drywall screw. These screws pinch the gutter in place via a slot. The passenger side screw snapped off with the smallest amount of torque (I was using a Phillips bit held in place with my left fingers through the tilted up glass and using a 1/4" open end wrench with my right fingers- fingers only!). And the driver side just wanted to squirt it out and not punch it down.

So I ran a zip-tye through each and secured it that way. A little cheesy but it works now.

And I discovered that the passenger rear corner of the glass- the deal is toast. I could see daylight through it! Guess I'll replace that sometime.

But the sunroof drains appear to work.