How to fix this????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03EXPO4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What can I do to fix these seats and steering wheel. I have searched for replacement bottoms for the seats but they are $250 a piece!?!? Also need a good looking steering wheel cover or a way to fix my factory one.

driver seat

passenger seat

steering wheel

Last edited:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I was going to suggest a mobile leather and fabric service, but I think it's too far gone for that.

If nothing else, Sam's club has wetsuit seat covers for $20

thewishkah

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the steering wheel try Mr Clean magic eraser. Its hard to tell from the pic how bad it is under there (is the wrap torn?) I have brought back a lot of grimmy steering wheels (and trim) using the magic eraser. Usually it is dirty not worn(despite how it looks) from the oils in your skin, also dead skin build up. It is worth a shot for how inexpensive the erasers cost. You can usually find them in most supermarkets or big chain drug stores.

jdecker

Reaction score
You can refinish the steering wheel, use SEM Classic Coat #17053 and follow the instructions on the can (you'll need surface prep products also).
For the seats I would find a local upholstery shop and see about having the perforated panels replaced, then find someone to do surface repair on the rest of the seats. You'll spend some money, but probably half of what it would cost to replace.

GJarrett

Reaction score
My steering wheel looks pretty bad too. Thanks for the suggestion - I've never heard of SEM Classic Coat but will give it a try.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my steering wheel is the same...have to replace or go to a shop to get it wrapped...the seats...only solution is to go to a shop and get them redone...or buy new covers from dealership...tascafordparts...ebay...katskinz...ebay...salvage yard...

thewishkah

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the magic erasers like I mentioned? They obviously arent going to fix rips but for steering wheel discoloration usually it helps a lot. What looks like the color is worn off is often dirt and oil from your hands. I've been succesful with this on my truck when I got it. I wish I had taken pictures.