Installing middle seat in 2nd row - 2014 Expedition XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbreen

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I wanted to find out if it is possible to install a middle seat in the 2nd row of my 2014 Expedition XL King Ranch, which currently has the captain's chairs. Has anyone had any experience doing this and if so, could you walk me through the steps?

Thanks!

GB

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't done it, but it is indeed possible. The holes in the floor are already there. You will need to remove the armrests on your captain's chairs and cut out the carpet where the mounting holes are for the middle seat. If you're having trouble finding the holes or are afraid you may cut in the wrong spot, remove one or both of the captain's chairs. Underneath those captain's chairs there is a square cut out of the carpet. With one seat out you should be able to peer under there to get a better idea of where the middle mounting holes are. If you pull both seats, the middle section of carpet gets pretty slack and you can reach/see under there pretty easily. I know this because I removed my entire second row to better accommodate my 4-legged children.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
many ppl have done it in 3rd gens from 07-15...might be a long search in the threads to find out exactly what they did due to what they may or may not have titled the subject

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni