Interior Swap: 04 Eddie Bauer to 05 King Ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all,

Wanted to post a few pictures of the transformation that my 04 interior has taken over the last month. The seats, door panels, grab handles, steering wheel, and center conole were out of an 05 King Ranch. The passenger dash grab handle was lost in transit with the other parts, so I found another one off of an 06 Limited.

They arrived and were not heated as the Recycler had promised, nor in any condition to install right away. After several Spa treatments to the front, a repair to the armrest of one of the rear buckets, MANY rounds of Leather CPR, and removing the leather skins to install aftermarket Rosta heated seats, it's done.

I did run into a few issues I had not anticipated: Ford changed the wiring for the driver power seat drastically for 2005- Memory seat and all, they added 2 large plugs that eventually connected to the 4 smaller ones. Therefore, I had to swap the seat harnesses for the drivers seat. The Driver pre-tensioner (buckle for the seatbelt) was also defective on the donor vehicle, so I was getting an airbag light (Code 33) after the install. I was worried I shorted something when testing for ignition 12v+ power, but the light went out when I swapped the buckle out.

I'm happy with how it came out, and I'll post a few pics. If anyone wants more, I have them and would be happy to post, just didn't want to bore anyone!

Before:
Seatsb42.jpg

Seatsb41.jpg

How the seats arrived:
KRST01.jpg

KRST03.jpg

KRST02.jpg

During one of the Spa Treatments:
KRST07.jpg

KRST08.jpg

Done and installed:
KRST11.jpg

KRST10.jpg

KRST09.jpg

KRST14.jpg

Dashgrahandle1.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

OP
OP
K

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think so--they just hadn't been conditioned in a LONG time. Probably since 2005, who knows? I think they came out damn good!

OP
OP
K

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll be doing a separate write-up of the heated seat install, for those that don't have the heated/cooled of the Eddie Bauer--Wasn't really a bad install at all.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll be doing a separate write-up of the heated seat install, for those that don't have the heated/cooled of the Eddie Bauer--Wasn't really a bad install at all.

im interested in this

OP
OP
K

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Freeway: Are you contemplating installing new seats? Due to the setup of the vented (perforated) EB seats, I don't believe it would be easy (or possible?) to install an aftermarket heated seat in those seats. If you're re-wrapping them, however, it's definitely a pretty easy install. Will post that tonight or tomorrow.