Interior Swap: 04 Eddie Bauer to 05 King Ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big White

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice job, wow, lots of work getting those things up to par. Looks like the previous owner did not give them a lot of love.

I just did the heated seat thing, one of my panels is already defective. So I have to rip it apart again. Where did you put the switch's?

OP
OP
K

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you look at the picture above that looks across the front row and console, you'll see I put them in the factory location. Luckily, when I purchased the interior from the King Ranch (sans the heated seats that they assured me were there), the console made it here, so I had a fresh one to use. I needed 20mm holes for the switches, and the heated/cooled switches from the old seats were too large of an opening.

I wanted to have them in the factory spot in case I ever install a wood dash kit, that would have cutouts for the Eddie Bauer switches. Rostra is supposedly great about warrantying them (3yrs, 36K miles), if you do have an issue. That, of course, assumes that you went with Rostra.

I'll post more on the heated seat install later tonight. wasn't sure if it'd be of interest.

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
where did you order the interrior from? i am looking to do the same swapp one day just with a 3rd gen 08 Expy xlt, I mainly just want the 3rd gen king ranch seats at the least.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I love the king ranch leather.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
where did you order the interrior from? i am looking to do the same swapp one day just with a 3rd gen 08 Expy xlt, I mainly just want the 3rd gen king ranch seats at the least.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea i love this idea but how would it look with grey interior

OP
OP
K

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Nathanialson: Check your PMs. ;)

jjbusa: Tough call on how it would look with a grey interior.. Not much different than the 07+ KRs, in my opinion, being that they use all black other than the seats, if I'm not mistaken?

03expyMG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think the brown would look good with the gray interior. Jmo

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I seen some i think it was 07 that was black on the edges and the center was the KR leather! I wanted them but im poor! lol!