Interior Swap: 04 Eddie Bauer to 05 King Ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oefootball_70

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks so freaking sick, I would love to do this swap. Only issue is I don't have captin seats in the second row. How hard of an issue is that to resolve?

And where did you find these? And what did they run you? I'm VERy interested in getting these.

OP
OP
K

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks!

In regards to you not having buckets, I did not have buckets either. As long as you had the 40/20/40 seats, you will basically replace the two outer seats with buckets, (direct bolt in) and remove the center, without replacing it. The only "problem" was that the holes where the center seat used to bolt in, are now exposed. I put a all-weather floormat over that spot,it matched the weathertechs I have all over the rest of the truck. I could install a Navigator center console (was told that they bolt right in), but it is so much easier to get to the back now.

As for cost. I worked with a recycling yard online(they were out of a wrecked 05) on the items in the interior that were KR specific:

Seats (3 rows, 3rd row being powered)
Center Console(lid was specific)
Door Panels
Steering Wheel
Grab Handles on A and B Pillars
Wood Grab handle on the passenger dash
Floormats

Sealed the deal at a little under $1500 for everything, shipped ($450 of that was freight from VA to MA). When it arrived, the seats were in poor condition due to neglect (still shocked they came back as good as they did, but it was a lot of work), as well as a lot of damage from poor packaging, as well as a few parts missing. After sending the pictures of the poor packaging and condition of the non-heated seats (were represented as electric and heated), the owner of the yard refunded me quite a bit of it. I was not demanding a hefty refund, just wanted something to be done, so I could cover the costs of making the seats heated, and (hopefully) treating/restoring them.

It worked out well, after a lot of work cleaning and conditioning them. I LOVE The look and feel of the seats.

gkelly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn those seats were dirty as hell!....... Looks good

Wildtim

Reaction score
Just saw this resto over on Autopia and had to come here to see more pics. Awesome job. I love the king Ranch interior but knowing leather I know how hard it is to keep the looking good let alone restore ones that bad.

Anyway I have this old saddle I could send.........

Nice job.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WOW, looks really good, what a diff in the before and after... Love the king ranch look

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nathanialson: Check your PMs. ;)

jjbusa: Tough call on how it would look with a grey interior.. Not much different than the 07+ KRs, in my opinion, being that they use all black other than the seats, if I'm not mistaken?

My interior was all completely 100% black on black but due to issue after issue with my Expy ever since i wrecked it I ended up trading it in for a car.

but i like your Expy btw you did a good job.

Last edited: