overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigmatt207

Reaction score
so i have a 99 xlt without the overhead readout. i was looking at parts on ford.com, and i looked up under the overhead console and the wires that are up there now don't have the plug for the display but if i get the wiring harness that does have it are the hookups for the mpgs, temp, and whatever other displays it reads still there? just reallllyy want that overhead display. thanks

OP
OP
bigmatt207

bigmatt207

Reaction score
yeah i think he had just looked to see if the original wiring had the connections for it and found that they don't, but i was thinking about ordering the wiring for the overhead with the display and see if that will plug into the connector that is under the headliner. I looked this morning and found the outside air temp underneath my hood latch so I'm assuming it will work.

Indytona675

Reaction score
Would love to do this is well. Post what you find out. I would love the over head computer. I have a few suspension bit that need replaced first though.

B

bedrck46

if anyone needs the prints connector hook up let me know I'll see what I can post

Will take some time to get it together

Ronnie Odell

Reaction score
if anyone needs the prints connector hook up let me know I'll see what I can post

Will take some time to get it together

I'm upgrading to the overhead display with temp and direction. Anyone know the wiring ? My Xlt don't have the upgraded harness .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ronnie Odell

Reaction score
yeah i think he had just looked to see if the original wiring had the connections for it and found that they don't, but i was thinking about ordering the wiring for the overhead with the display and see if that will plug into the connector that is under the headliner. I looked this morning and found the outside air temp underneath my hood latch so I'm assuming it will work.

Any luck with that overhead display upgrade? I'm doing the same.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nitrostangs

Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on this? I am looking to do what Baker Edition did except include the outside temp/Compass digital readout.